This week was all about fast, easy, efficient dishes. With Taylor leaving for LA early this morning, we wanted to have a dinner that took no time at all. Rachael Ray’s 30 Minute Meals have nothing on us!
Over conversations about our most embarrassing moments, quality vs. quantity and plans for our dinner next week we enjoyed a “garbage” salad, spinach & tortellini soup and double chocolate cookies. Everything was delicious. Obviously.
- Mixed greens
- Avocado, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Black beans
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- Place mixed greens, avocado, tomatoes and black beans in a large bowl.
- Combine enough olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make a dressing and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and mix to combine.
Tortellini and Spinach Soup:
- 2 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 (14 1/2 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Add tortellini; return to a boil. Boil 5 to 7 minutes or until tortellini are of desired doneness.
- Stir in spinach; cook 1 to 2 minutes or just until wilted. To serve, spoon soup into individual soup bowls. Top each serving with cheese.
Double Chocolate Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Next week is girls night (and guys night) so be sure to stay tuned for that. It’s going to be crazy ridiculous amounts of fun!
Happy eating, everyone!
Tagged: 30 minutes or less, baking, cheese tortellini, cooking, dinner, double chocolate cookies, easy, fast, food, friday night dinner, friends, fun, garbage salad, portland, soup, spinach and tortellini soup, spinach soup, tortellini soup