We didn’t have a Friday Night Dinner this week due to it being Easter weekend, but I do have a pretty fabulous cupcake recipe to share with you that would be perfect for some Easter fun!
Easter Egg Nests:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 oz. chocolate, flaked
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 54 mini chocolate eggs (I like to use Cadbury’s mini eggs)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place 18 paper baking cups in muffin pans. Combine all the cupcake ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale, about 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon the batter into the cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pans from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.
- To make the frosting, put the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir gently until combined. Remove from the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth. Swirl onto the cooled cupcakes. Top with shards of chocolate and place 3 mini eggs on top.
Happy eating, everyone!